Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day





I always knew Spencer would be a great dad, but he outdoes himself always. He comes home from a long and stressful day at work and is ready to be 100% Dad! Claire jumps up and down when she sees him, usually running to the car to greet him. Immediately asking "Daddy fly me (swing her around in the air)!?". Her face lights up every time she plays with him. He is always ready to help me out after my day with the kids and he never complains. He may be tired, and not always excited about "flying" Claire around, but you would never know. That little girl knows with her whole heart how much her Daddy loves her. Spencer tells me all the time coming home is the favorite part of his day. Henry loves his Daddy too, giving him big smiles often. Henry also LOVES to fall asleep with Daddy, not so much me. So I enjoy the nightly hand off, Here you go Spence, a full baby who needs to fall asleep. Spencer loves these moments and you can see how he truly cherishes them. How lucky am I?

We spent Father's day with a low key day at home. He had just come home from Shasta with the church youth group so he was tired! We set up the kiddie pool and him and Claire played Barbies and had a serious gigglefest in there. We had our coffee and breakfast outside watching Claire play while Henry relaxed in his bouncer. We eneded the day with a BBQ with my parents and sister. Dad and Spencer enjoyed a game of Cornhole, I think the final score was 41-7, my Dad. Ha ha!

No comments: